New Directions web banner
What are apprenticeships?
They are work-based training programmes designed around the needs of employers, which lead to national recognised qualifications.
- You can use apprenticeships to train new employees.
- Funding is available across the Tees Valley to train apprentices.
- Apprenticeships are designed by the Sector Skills Councils.
- Business representatives from the relevant industry sector work with the Sector Skills Councils to develop the course content. Because they genuinely understand your business, the training will be relevant for your industry.
- Over 100,000 employers in over 160,000 workplaces offer frameworks across a wide range of industry sectors.
- Depending on the sector and job role an apprenticeship can take anything between one and four years to complete. It is package of on-the-job training qualifications.