Smart meter web banner
Smart meters show you exactly how much energy you’re using in pounds and pence, putting an end to estimated bills. It’s time to get Gaz & Leccy under control.
Your in-home display is a handheld device that can sit anywhere in your home. In-home displays are designed to be simple and easy to use. Whilst all in-home displays will provide the same information by law, they won’t look the same as each energy supplier provides their own make.
Smart meter benefits
- Your smart meter communicates with your in-home display in the same way as other wireless systems, such as TVs. You do not need the internet for them to work.
- An in-home display allows you to see how much energy you are using as well as how much it’s costing you in pounds and pence
- Your smart meter and in-home display will automatically send meter readings to your energy supplier, so you will receive accurate, not estimated bills
- Smart meters make it even easier to keep control of your energy
- If you’re blind, partially sighted, have difficulties with dexterity or memory loss, contact your energy supplier to find out whether a more accessible in-home display is available.
Getting a smart meter is easy. Contact your energy supplier today about installing your smart meter. Check your gas or electricity bill for your supplier’s contact details.
For more information visit smartenergygb.org/en