We welcome the use of petitions for local issues, and will consider petitions that relate to the products and services that we provide to our communities. All petitions that we receive will be administered as part of our overarching customer feedback framework and should be submitted to Business Intelligence, Coast & Country Housing, 14 Ennis Square, Dormanstown, Redcar, TS10 5JR.
Petitions must be submitted by an individual, or on behalf of a business and should include:
- The name, address and contact details of the petition organiser.
- A clear statement outlining the subject of the petition.
- Details of what action the petition organiser would like us to take.
- Details of any action already taken to addresses your concerns.
- The name and address of each person supporting the petition.
If a petition organiser is not clearly identified, we will contact whoever appears to be the first signatory of the petition to clarify and agree who is to act as the petition organiser.
Our Right to Reject
There are a number of circumstances where we will not accept petitions, these include petitions relating to:
- Matters that we are already considering or are due to consider.
- Matters that are directed at a specific individual or group with names or details that can be used to identify such persons.
- Matters already considered within the past 24 months.
- Matters that are not within our power, remit or functional area of responsibility.
- Issues or subject areas that are impossible to understand.
- Company Policy, however any concerns will be considered as part of our policy review process.
Similarly, we will not accept a petition that contains:
- Anything we consider to be a false or potentially defamatory statement.
- Details that may damage a person's reputation or which may discriminate against them in any way.
- Offensive or inappropriate language.
Receipt of Petitions
When petitions are received they will be logged and an acknowledgement letter will be sent within two working days. A full response will then be sent within 10 working days.
If you are not satisfied with the response you have received, you have the right to raise your concerns through our formal complaints procedure.