Fire safety banner
Re-chargeable batteries when used safely power millions of devices every day such as mobile phones, laptops, tablets and mobility scooters. However batteries can present a fire risk when over-charged, short-circuited, submerged in water or if their cases are damaged. Follow these safety tips when charging your devices.
- Always use the charger that came with your phone, tablet, e-cigarette or mobile device or a genuine replacement. Counterfeit electrical chargers can be deadly, and many fail to meet UK safety regulations leading to fires and injury
- Don’t leave items continuously on charge (after the charge cycle is complete)
- Avoid storing, using or charging batteries in extremes of high or low temperatures
- Protect batteries against being damaged, crushed or punctured and don’t immerse in water
- Do not cover devices in use, or batteries that are on charge, in case of over heating.